Welcome to Sharon Grimes Accounting
A consultant for your accounting needs
After 20+ years working in the accounting world, it is time to share my knowledge and experience with smaller organizations that cannot yet afford the salaries of controllers and CFOs. I enjoy helping smaller organizations navigate the complex world of accounting – the part of the business that many owners would like to pretend doesn’t exist!
- Over 15 years experience as an accounting manager in a variety of names: Financial Supervisor, Senior Accountant, Accounting Manager, etc.
- 6.5 years with an international manufacturing corporation with gross sales just over $100 million.
- 9.5 years with a 401c(3) not for profit corporation specializing in care for the mentally handicapped/mentally retarded, but also offered services for respite care, adult day care, adoption and foster care, and outpatient therapy (physical, occupational, and speech).
- Enrolled Agent designation from the IRS – meaning I passed the IRS given exam, and kept up with necessary continuing education, indicating that I have demonstrated enough tax knowledge to represent people before the IRS.
- Over 5 years working as a bookkeeper for various smaller organizations.
Significant accounting software experience using, and setting up, sophisticated ERP systems such as LN Infor and Epicor, advanced reporting and analytical software such as MicroStrategy and Prophix, and also experienced using QuickBooks.
Selected Career Highlights
- Successful ERP and reporting software implementations
- Streamlined accounting processes
- Developed proficient work processes resulting in improved reporting
- Established relationships between departments to work together as a team rather than as individual units
- Created an environment where employees remained motivated which eliminated high turnover in key positions.
For more information, visit my LinkedIn page:
To help you successfully navigate and understand the complex world of accounting and feel confident that the information you have is accurate and relevant to your business needs.
To help business owners/companies understand the value in the accounting information and make it a comfortable place for them to be. The importance of the financial information cannot be understated – it is a powerful tool for business decisions, planning, financing and banking, marketing, purchasing, production, and, in general, helping a business be successful. When the financial information is correct and relevant, it helps managers plan for the future.